Sweden is one of the largest coffee consumers in the world, and the plain swedish coffee isn’t that bad either. But if you, like me, are looking for a place where you can get a perfect Espresso, a Macchiato, a Café Latte or a Café au lait here are the places to go in Stockholm:
- Kaffeverket is situated in a small shop in shop connected to an art gallery and a design store and serves breakfast and lunches. Situated a stones throw from Stureplan on a small side street to Birger Jarlsgatan. Where: Snickarbacken 7
Vasastan / Norrmalm/ City
- Cocovaja is a place real coffee connoisseurs, since their coffees are often ranked the best in the city. Where: St Eriksgatan 109
- Kafè Esaias is situated on the upper part of the tourist street no1, Drottninggatan. Never the less the renowned New York Foodie Adam Goldberg described it as one of the best coffee in 2011. Where: Drottninggatan 102B
- Drop Coffee Five out of twelve semifinalists in the Barista cup 2012 are working here and immortalized in the dutch sportswear brand Goliath in this movie. It says it all. Where: Wollmar Yxkullsgatan 10 and Tjärhovsgatan 5.
- Kaffe Mikael Blomqvists, and author Stig Larssons favorite café, used in David Finchers “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo“. Where: St Paulsgatan 17.
More on coffee and coffee culture in Stockholm
Additional list great cafées on VisitStockholm.com
Inspirational Guide to Cafees in Stockholm
About the “fika” culture in Sweden
Three hidden gems - all from the fifties
Sunny spring cafées in Stockholm
New York Times lists their favorite cafées in Stockholm