We are looking forward to the Pride festival (starting Monday) and has invited journalists from the UK, USA, France and Germany to take part of the festivities. I asked my colleague at the press-department, who works with the journalist programme for the Pride-group, on the best bars for gays and lesbians this summer. Night life in Stockholm moves outdoors – and so does the HBT-clubs. Here is our selection:
- Hump is a popular techno club at F12-Terassen, Fredsgatan 12.
- Boyz & Boyz at Mälarpaviljongen on Saturdays, Norr Mälarstrand 62.
- Garage summer edition, paradise and summernight city at Kolingsborg, Slussen
- Jävla Bögbar at Sidetrack, Wollmar Yxkullsgatan 7
- Zipper Stockholm at Norrlandsgatan 23
- Club KG at Debaser Medis, Medborgarplatsen
- Roxy and Mommas summer-nightclub MoXy at Clustret, Söder Mälarstrand 25
- Tjejfesten at Bon Palais, Barnhusgatan 12.
Stockholm has become a hot tourist destination for homo-bi-trans persons, and many like it here because of the Swedish people’s progressive view of HBT issues. And you will find rainbow flags in all the districts. Stockholm has no specific gay district; you’ll find gay- and lesbian-friendly bars and clubs in Gamla Stan and Södermalm, as well as Kungsholmen and downtown.
For more detailed information on nightlife and what’s happening right now, go to www.qx.se, a webzine geared to gay audiences. You’ll also find news, useful tips and guides on the website of Stockholm Gay & Lesbian Network and on VisitStockholm.com.